Monday, December 9, 2013

Another Row Added and Just One More to Go

Rows 2 and 3 are on the wall.  (Row 1 is hiding behind Row 2 now)

I'm still slowly working on more blocks.  Although there are only 12 large blocks in this quilt, each large block is composed of lots of smaller ones.  It's fun to switch techniques from piecing, fusing with a satin stitch, and couching embroidery.  Plus, I'm getting to play with lots and lots of batik fabrics!

So the last row is in progress.  Here's how it looks this morning.
Row 3 blocks are done.  Row 4 in their present state.
I'll see how far I get piecing the remaining blocks tonight.  Then I'll switch to the fusing and couching.  Maybe by the end of this week, I'll have all the blocks complete.

For quilting, I've been trying to decide on a variegated thread or a clear one.  I picked up some Mono Poly clear thread last week while I was out of town.  It's not the smoky color, but the lighter one.  I might also stretch out some variegated threads across the blocks and see if they'll be too distracting from the overall design.  Any ideas?

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

2 comments:

  1. Kim, you ALWAYS do amazing work, but this one is spectacular. Can't wait to see the finished product. Would love to see the real thing, but I know that's not likely.

    And, the quilting on your Dad's quilt!!!! Girlfriend, I wanna be like you when I grow up.

    You've done a marvelous job on your parents' quilts, and I'm sure they are going to be very proud to say that their daughter made them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking awesome! Try laying out the color Mustard thread on your quilt and see what it does...

    ReplyDelete