Wednesday, December 21, 2011

His and Hers Quilts part two

Here's the "His" quilt ready to have the binding hand sewn.  The "Hers" is folded in the foreground.  This couple will enjoy watching a movie together or reading after dinner while snuggling under their quilts.

For a more masculine effect, my customer and I decided upon quilting free hand oak leaves.  Several of the batiks in this quilt have a botanical feel, so I thought this motif would be a terrific fit.

Those leaves are a bit camera shy, but they show up pretty well in the rich brown borders.  Although the top thread is variegated to add a little more interest, it's very subtle.

We're getting ready for a grandma arrival this afternoon.  Since all my customer quilts are back in their hands, I can switch gears and start focusing on our family traditions.  No gifts under the tree yet.  Oops.  I don't usually consider myself one of those last minute shoppers.  The house needs a little bit of tidying, but thankfully, I had time to do some of that yesterday.   Time to jot down some menus for the week too - a fusion of vegan and carnivore dishes.

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

No comments:

Post a Comment