Monday, June 18, 2012

T-Shirt Experiment is Complete

Now the trio of tees are ready for sharing!

raspberry colored shirt
bleach is brighter in the center and fades at the edges
I'm happy with the final products.  The bleach pen adds a little interest by not evenly removing the dye.

Turquoise tee
This one faded more at the edges, but left color in the center

Although the girls have worn theirs a couple of times, it's taken me longer to finish mine.  I think the extra stitches were needed to kick it up a notch.  The center hue was a yellowish color, but it just didn't show up as well.  Also, the bleach was applied to thick and spread out in larger globs.
Whoops!  I didn't notice that I needed to smooth it out a bit
Large stitches in orange and green emphasize the design

I used a stabilizer (tear-away) behind the stitches.  After it's been washed, I might cut away some of it, but I'll leave it alone for now.  I think the stabilizer's roughness is why the shirt didn't hang well in the photo.

These shirts were fun!  I might do another batch in patriotic colors and designs for the 4th of July.

Not much quilting in the past week or so.  We've been out of town visiting my mom.  It was great fun to take a zip line adventure.  I also took a clogging lesson.  Teen 2 rode a horse.   We all laughed at the hummingbirds vying for their turns at the feeder.  And we ate lunch and shopped in a quaint, artsy town.  I purchased a tree frog caller - a wooden instrument which can call tree frogs by imitating their sounds.

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars


  1. What a great way to jazz up a plain tee! Love the swirls and the stitching....I may try that and use a wash away stabilizer. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

  2. They turned out great! My favorite is the blue one, but they all look good... I like the idea of incorporating stitching in with the design... Nice job!