Some people love this type of batting. I found the fusible very difficult to work with. Once the top was ironed on, the back had wrinkles. So I flipped it over and worked out the wrinkles on the back. Now the front side had wrinkles. I'm sure it's just user error, but I won't fuse batting again.
So I decided to use my home sewing machine, since the Tin Lizzie is designed for the 3 layers to be separate, not glued together. I made lots of securing stitches and then worked with a variegated thread in the blue background.
The binding fabric is ready. Looks like I'll have several projects to ready for hand stitches. I made a little progress yesterday waiting to pick up a few teens from band camp yesterday.
|from the back side|
|Here's the entire back side|
Enjoy your day!