Friday, April 19, 2013

Happy Dance! This Top is Finally Finished.

I'm so happy to share this one with you since I needed advice from some of y'all to help me get this one together.  The double frames with the dark brown and the stripe made everything much better.

If there is a next time with this pattern, I'll pick my fabrics more carefully to use a high contrast light or dark for the frames.

Anyway, it's been a pretty day for sewing and cleaning house.  An audiobook kept me engaged and distracted me from the live news broadcasts. 

Since the afternoon allows, I think I'll return to the dragon on the quilting frame.

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous, I love it. And you did it....using the stripe for the borders is genius. The dark frame gives a lot of depth overall. Great example on how to pull fabrics together and make them work. You found the secret by using values.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my kind of Christmas quilt - excellent! May I ask which pattern you used for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how pretty it turned out! But then, what else would would you produce?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is a beautiful quilt. The colors are wonderful and remind me of Christmas. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete