Monday, July 21, 2014

One Row Is Finished!

After seven months of quilting, the first row is complete.  Only 3 more to go!

No, I'm not quitting my day job any time soon!







I like the quilting more than I did when I first started.  Mostly, I think I've seen what digitized quilting is capable of creating and I wanted to see that type of precise work on this quilt.  Even with rulers, I haven't achieved exactly what I was hoping to see.  But with each block customized, I'm happy with the result so far.

Here are a few close ups.

The double triangle - I'll go back and fill in the rest of the background with pebbles.  I thought they'd mix with the bear claws, so I stopped to think about it.


That free hand dragonfly - I ripped out the leg on the left and sketched it with chalk to make it more symmetrical.  But somehow, he really wants to kick that leg up a little, so it was quilted with a kick again.  This time, it will stay as is.

Here's a preview of Row 2.  I plan/hope/really want to get this one done this week. 

When our raccoon bandit passed away, I sort of celebrated that my bird feeders would be able to feed the birds again.  However, we have discovered that she left two babies.  These little fellas also learned to scale the pole and steal the birdseed just as their mother did.  Oh well.  Double the trouble, but they sure are cute.

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to see it finished! It's that deciding on the quilting pattern that is so hard.

    ReplyDelete