Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Quilt for Kate

I've had this one on the to-do list for a long time.  Although the top was finished last Spring, it was quilted last week.  You can see that I'm using those neat little clips to hand stitch the last side of the binding.

The free pattern came from Moda Bakeshop


This is belatedly made for a sweet baby with a pink and orange room.  So I was asked to include those colors in her quilt.

Now I need some advice.  The quilting concerns me a little bit.  I made it less dense on purpose, but I'm not sure I like it now.

The beach balls are quilted with butterflies and a more dense.

While the background is quilted with smaller flowers and is spaced much farther apart.  The quilt seems like there is excess fabric on the backing side.  I'm hoping that I can fluff it up in the dryer and the batting will expand enough to make it less baggy.

But if not, I'll need to add some extra quilting stitches in the background.  If I do this, I'd rather not have to start  / stop the threads in each section.  Any ideas?


This shows some of the excess from the top side.  I can block it too, which might help a little.  I really want the back side to work as it is with that design to show off the "bones" of the quilt pattern.  But I guess it's more important that it functions well.  Let's hope the batting fluffs!

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

No comments:

Post a Comment