Saturday, September 27, 2014

My Little DIY Thread Cabinet

I'm really excited about this project.  It's taken me way longer than it should have, since it was built and painted around May or June.  So I finally bought the hardware to hang this thread cabinet yesterday.  Mr. SeeingStars gets applause for helping me with each step of this project. 

 I tried to build the box and realized it's not as easy to make it have right angles as I'd anticipated.  So there was a little disassembly and then supervised assembly involved.


I have kept The Creative Homemaker's blog bookmarked since it's my inspiration for this project.  With a quick seam or two, I'll have a sheer curtain to keep the dust off the cones of thread.

Since the studio gets lots of sunshine, this cabinet is in the laundry room right next to the door to the studio.  I keep my here in a laundry room closet for sun protection too.  Plus, the studio looks neater without everything piling up.

I have lots more cones of thread, so I could make another one or two and fill them up as well.  But for now, I'll put this one to good use.

I have my mom's quilt back on the frame now.  I've started Row 3 of 4.  So maybe today I can get a little more of this row finished today.  I'm eager to finish this one up and have it ready for to give to her when I see her next - probably at Christmas time.

The horse block is my favorite!


Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

1 comment:

  1. I like your thread cabinet. Having them displayed like that must make it easy to pick out the right color. Good luck on finishing your mom's quilt!

    ReplyDelete