Monday, June 20, 2011

Bottled Rainbows

On Friday, I joined my local Project Linus group for a day of sewing and some girl talk.  I've been eager to try some bottled rainbows and a child's quilt seems perfect for this technique.  Here's the Stitched in Color link to learn more about it.
It's easy and fun and I really like the results so far.  This quilt will have 9 rectangular blocks.  Here are my first three.

Orange 

Red

Turquoise
Last night, as I finished up the turquoise block, I met a raccoon.  (S)he was hunting for bugs which were attracted to the light of my floor to ceiling windows.  So when I caught a little movement out of the corner of my eye, I looked down and saw the raccoon looking back at me.  Too funny!  I'll try to capture a photo tonight if I make it to my sewing room again.
The house repairs are coming along.  Hopefully, I can post a few more photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment