Friday, June 24, 2011
Patriotic Birdhouses ... didn't make the finish line for Memorial Day
So once the UFO's pile up very high, I select one or two to complete. For this quilt, I joined them with extra scraps from this fabric line to make the top. It was loaded on the frame before the tornadoes and has waited patiently for some attention.
It feels good to get back to quilting and to get something accomplished. I discovered yesterday that if the stitch regulator isn't plugged into the machine, it misbehaves in the most awful way! Thankfully, once I realized the error, it was an easy fix.
I've not used a ruler before, but for this one, I'm stitching in the ditch around those large blocks with the help of a straight ruler. It's going to take some practice and I feel the need to stand up higher and peer directly top down, rather than at an angle to see everything clearly.
I've just finished an oriental and batik top that I'd like to give away soon so I need to get this one finished and off the frame. I just found a terrific backing and binding for the next one! I'll share photos of it once the birdhouses are quilted.
Enjoy your day!