Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Santa's Village has expanded

Since Debbie has posted about some enthusiastic woodworkers who are making doll beds and doll cradles to help Santa this year, I realized that these guys have opened a southern workshop so they don't need to bundle up and travel to the North Pole.  Debbie's purpose in telling her quilting friends about this effort was to request a little help in supplying a doll quilt for each bed and cradle.  

Her blog entry can be found at Stitchin' Therapy.

I think it's terrific that she's received so many offers for doll quilts!  If you'd like to help, she'll appreciate a few more, just leave a comment on her blog.

Peter Rabbit doll quilt tops
I had some leftover Peter Rabbit fabrics and rail fence blocks, so I made 2 small quilt tops with these.  Then, I connected the backing to a few other pieces so I could quilt up 4 at a time.  This sewing together several backs for several quilt tops is a first for me, but I think it should work well.

Batik strip quilt top and a 9 Patch/Friendship Star made from orphan blocks
Here are 2 more tops, floating on the frame.  I'll play with some quilting on them and send them from my southern workshop to Debbie's.

My studio is messy today and I just love it!  I'll clean it up later, but for now, the scrap bins are out and fabric is piled up everywhere.  I'm enjoying sewing, watching the birds devour the birdseed and listening to an audiobook.
Yes, there's another load of laundry to attend and I need to put in my 15 minutes to work/unpack in the attic, but that can happen just a little later today.

Enjoy your day!

- SeeingStars

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow...I love them. I feel like it's Christmas already when I see more doll quilts in the works. You have a great space and I like the way you are quilting in a group to be more efficient...great idea. Thanks for helping, Mrs. Claus in Alabama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that! Love all these Southern Santa's Workshops!

    :)

    ReplyDelete