Thursday, January 17, 2013

This One's a Challenge

I picked up this top from the Project Linus work day a few months ago.  PL always has a few tops that I can play with and perhaps try some new ideas.

This one is pieced well.  I think it was an incomplete kit and so the person making the top had to come up with her own ideas for making everything work.  She did a terrific job!

What I'd like to do is to add quilting that makes it appeal to children.  My first inclination was a metallic thread.  I'm not sure how it will look with the muted American colors, but I could give it a try.

Another idea is to use that tall green bar under the flower to do a Jack In The Beanstalk kind of thing.  Then the house could become a Hansel and Gretal scene.  But the pieced designs don't lend themselves toward stories.  There are a lot of swirls and pinwheels that might be a good start for a quilting idea.  I can see the 4 seasons if I try ... maybe something to emphasize those.

There's no deadline on this one, so I may ponder it a bit and put it away until I get a good idea of how I can finish it.  If you have any ideas for making this one appeal to a child, please leave a comment.  I think I've turned off the annoying auto-verify feature.

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

No comments:

Post a Comment