Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Block Swap Sneak Peek

Our guild is looking forward to our Big Reveal of quilts made from our Block Swap.  It's not until September, so I can only share a glimpse.

Doll Quilt top

This little doll quilt top was made from the scraps of my Block Swap top.  Once it's quilted, it will be tucked inside a new doll cradle and given to a child for Christmas.

I have a lot of work ahead before our Reveal just to finish joining the rows before my quilt top will be ready for quilting.  It's due in early September, so I think there's still plenty of time. 

Next on my to do list is to design a quilt for my mom.  This is a challenge because I really want her to like it, but I'm not quite sure what that will entail.  I think she is drawn to art quilts, but would rather use it on a bed since she doesn't have much wall space.  Art quilts won't hold up to the wear and tear of being used.  Hmmmm.  I'll keep dreaming up ideas.

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Gorgeous colors and I love the design! It inspires me to try something like it!

    Will Quilt for Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was nice to use up a few scraps. I love your online name. :)

      Delete