Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!

I hope your Memorial Day is full of thanksgiving as well as fun.  Here's a Quilt Of Valor I hope to deliver to Jimmy today. 

After a bike wreck on Saturday, I'm a little behind and haven't called to see if he's available.  As a side note, I am a whimp and don't deal with road rash or bruising very bravely.  My family is very patient with me while I'm rebandaging every couple of hours and just being pitiful.  However, I am a fast healer and hope hope hope to have my knees and arms better in 2 weeks for a MS fundraiser bike ride. I also need to bring my bicycle to the shop for a little post-wreck TLC.


This came from a block swap I was involved in a few years ago.  It's really great to see another UFO finished.  A friend used a similar layout for some of her blocks and I liked the blue quarter square triangles, so I used them for inspiration.

Here's the back side.  It's a solid navy blue, which shows off the gold quilting threads so well.

Some of my friends (Sarah and Libby to name a couple) have gently encouraged me to blog more often, so I'm going to try for once or twice a week.  Now that our first high school graduation is behind us, life is slowing down again.  I'm looking forward to getting back to the studio to work on my mom's quilt, then a baby quilt, another QOV and a few more.

Enjoy your freedom today.  I'm thankful for those who have served our country and given their lives to defend us. 
 -SeeingStars

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if your Mom's quilt was finished yet. Can't wait to see it. Sorry you got ouchies on your bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you heal quickly! The road rash sounds unpleasant. The quilting on your QOV looks amazing. Just wow!

    ReplyDelete