Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pickin' and a Grinnin'

Quilting detail for Judy's Baby Quilt Pattern
Once the circle templates arrived, I tossed a Project Linus quilt top on the frame to test out those circles.
They're fun and fairly easy to use.  I also have a new template foot which I've put to good use on these last two quilts. 

Double layers of Hobbs 80/20 batting lets those circles poof

There are several filler designs quilted densely enough to puff those circles.  My goal is to enjoy the texture.  Since the threads are a soft baby blue, those wonderful fabrics are still prominent.  Those stars also get to puff up and be noticed.
That white border just isn't right. 

So the pickin' part is going to be to remove the stitches in the white border.  They just aren't pretty.  Too wobbly and uneven.  I only wish I'd decided this wasn't working before I got so far, about 50% around the quilt.  Oh well.  I'll listen to an audio book while I pick threads.

Now the big decision is to find a better design.  One that I can do without ugly wobbles.  Guess I'll practice those figure 8's on paper a lot more often.  I knew that I have trouble making them balanced, but still wanted them on this quilt.

Switching subjects to current events, my prayers go out to those affected by the tornadoes yesterday, especially those who lost loved ones.  Our community was hit hard again, but the injuries were minor.   The aerial views of damage in Indiana is saddening.

I plan to take extra time today to hug those I love.

Enjoy your family today and let them know you love them.
- SeeingStars

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe this quilt! It is absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete