Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Time Travel Tuesday


This blast from the past was my first Scraps To Treasure challenge quilt made in 2007.  I made this quilt to celebrate the love that a couple has for their children, all adopted.  At the time I made this, they had adopted three and were prayerfully considering adopting one more.  Somehow I just couldn't resist giving them an extra baby girl.

Baby K.


So I was delighted to hear a few months later that they indeed had made another request for a baby and that a baby girl had found her way into their arms and their hearts.
Father and Son

Another Son
Both Daughters and a Rabbit

Momma will join the fun as soon as she sets this picnic basket down.

This one's called, A Patchwork Family.  It was challenging, but lots of fun to design and construct.  I learned a lot from the process, as I have with all these challenges.  It's just about time to get started on this year's STT quilt.  My fabrics have been sent and I'll soon get a set of every participant's 6" squares of fabrics to play with.

AGAPE (adoption agency) is stitched in Greek letters across the heart.  It represents the purest form of love.


Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

No comments:

Post a Comment