Sunday, April 22, 2012

Distractions

So I purchased these mugs a few months ago at a discount store.  Of course, I had the latest craze of mug rugs on my mind and thought I'd give it a try.



First, I picked out fabrics from the stash which coordinated with each mug.  Then I decided to add a light green to the mix.  There wasn't a nice balance of values, plus another color adds more interest.  And I like any colors which reside on the cool side of the color wheel.

It was a perfect time to try those improvisational loose curves that have been on my to-do list since I began to notice them on other blogs.  Here's a shot once I started piecing some of those curves.  Notice my lovely design floor.  I do have a design wall, but we aren't speaking right now.  I designed the design wall with a design flaw and as a result, it will not hang on the wall.  So, I've banished it to the dining room until I purchase more wood and make a nice frame for it.

Mug Rugs in progress...on the design floor


After a few more seams, I had this.

Whoops!  I guess there will be a part deux to this post.  I ran out of photo space and will have to wait 24 hours for Google to add more.  Who knew you only had 1 Gig?  I've uploaded lots of photos which I didn't even use in my posts.   From now on, I'll be more careful and perhaps even trim them down in resolution.

So I'll post more when I can.

Enjoy your evening!
- SeeingStars

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love browsing your blog, you make lovely quilts and your quilting work is gorgeous! Looking forward to part 2 of your improvisational loose curve mug rugs post and seeing all the other wonderful things you'll be creating. =)

    ReplyDelete