Thursday, May 16, 2013

Learning a new trick

Our guild is making an opportunity quilt.  It's a combination of log cabin blocks and applique.  We made block kits and invited our members to help us make the blocks.  Now, several are using needle turn applique to add the birds and a nest.


Although the first attempt left me with lumpy eggs, I had patient help and a sheet of heat resistant mylar to smooth everything around the edges.  I'm happy with how it's turning out now.

My bird's wing still has a needle in it.  There's a little embroidery in progress.  I'll add a little more to the tail and then pass these blocks on to be added to the quilt.

I can't wait to see it altogether.  It's a pretty pattern with the jewel toned batiks.

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

1 comment:

  1. Good morning
    That is so pretty - nice and bright.
    I have a question:
    What is an "oppurtunity quilt" ? Is a quilt to raffle to raise funds?
    I'm always interested in new ideas for my quilting club
    Cheers
    Linda
    Taupo New Zealand

    ReplyDelete