Monday, February 10, 2014

Coasting Along ...

Leftover scraps of paper were put to use as quilt block designs

I had a chance to spend some time with our college ladies at our church this weekend.  And since there is a rumor going around that they love to make crafts and Pinterest is quite popular, I found a fun project for us to do together.

We made coasters starting with 4 inch tiles, adhesive felt dots, scapbooking paper, rubber stamps & stickers, and lots of Mod Podge.  It was a fun and messy.  When we packed up our supplies, there were lots of small scraps of paper left over.  So, those became quilt block coasters.

Too bad that I didn't bring my camera with me.  I wish I had photos of everyone's tiles.  Those college ladies are creative and it was fun to see so many different layouts.


Here are a few that my teens and I made.

These 2 verses have been on my mind lately.  I want to make them more a part of my life, to love God with my all and to direct my thoughts toward things that are positive.   That leaves little room for selfishness or complaining.


I like the off-angled layout.  The zentangle one didn't use any paper, just a sharpie marker.  I really like this one.  I think with another package of felt dots, we could use up the whole box of 100 tiles.  As a set of 4, any of these coasters would make such a neat gift.  Next, we'll find some ribbon to tie up our sets.


I'm still working on the stabilizing stitches for my mom's quilt.  This weekend was full of other things, so progress is slow.  Maybe tonight, I can finish another row.

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars


1 comment:

  1. The coasters are such a neat idea. I love the look of yours. Is there a tutorial somewhere explaining how to make them? I bet my mom and niece would love to do this. Great Scriptures too!

    ReplyDelete