Friday, February 28, 2014

Racing the Calendar with Mini Clams

It's not the fastest design, but I love the texture it adds to this quilt.  I'm using a circle template to make the clams.  With the shiny fairy frost fabric, it reminds me of fish scales or maybe even dragon scales.


I generously offered to stay home today so Mr. Seeing Stars could use my vehicle.   
It seems his 23 yr old Honda needs a little TLC ... again.  Yes, we could have carpooled, but he often gets home well past dark and I leave work much earlier.  Plus, this extra time at home will help me to cross my finish line by midnight tonight.



So I can start on another UFO for March.  I do hope it's going to be an easy one.  I'm eager to reload my Mom's quilt again and make more progress on that one.

 I hope the ginkos aren't too un-quilted for the rest of this quilt.  For now, I'll leave them alone and see how it goes.  I could stitch in the ditch around those ginko squares, but time's not on my side right now.

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

1 comment:

  1. I like the texture the clam shells add. Good luck finishing today!

    ReplyDelete