Thursday, February 13, 2014

On the Frame - Part 2 Through the Ages

Okay.  The stabilizing stitches are finished and so now it's time to play.

Here's the start of the border.  I'm using a few Native American designs as inspiration for this quilt.  I drew the main spiral with an erasable Frixion pen.  They will be some type of filler above the spiral eventually.



It will be slow going to quilt this, but I'm hoping it will add texture and still not take away from the amazing design of the quilt top.  I *think* I've decided to use a light tan thread for the center design and leave this dark purple for the frames and outer border.

The border design is much easier to see from the back side.

Not all the quilting motifs are decided yet.  But I do have an idea for most of them.  It's fun to get this one started.

After three days of no school and no work, I think I'll be ready for a semi return to normal tomorrow.  We've had fun in the snow and it's always nice to take advantage of an unexpected stay-cation!

Enjoy your Friday!  As the sun rises, I'm reminded that His mercies are renewed each morning.  What a gift!

- SeeingStars

4 comments:

  1. It's going to be a work of art when you're finished. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, what fun! Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the most beautiful quilt! I LOVE the little peacocks(?)

    ReplyDelete