Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hot Off the Press


I took this photo while the last seam was still hot from pressing it.  Our guild invited Kelly Corbridge to visit and show off some of those incredible Cherrywood fabrics.  The dying process leaves each fabric looking like suede.  It's very easy to work with - not stringy or stretchy at all.

My camera made some funny rays across the fabrics which aren't really there.  You can see the suede-like texture in those rich colors. 

Those who took the class on her pattern, Evening Harvest, had a blast.  There was lots of giggles and chocolate along with the sewing.

Kelly included quilting ideas with her pattern, but I think I'll try something different on mine.  Not sure yet what to do, so I'll hang this one up and think about it awhile.  I've not worked with solids before and there's certainly lots of room to play with the quilting.  But .... I don't want to cover the threads too much and hide the effect of the textures dyes.

So, while I ponder, I'll play with the woven quilt that was started months ago.  There's a stack of fabrics waiting to become a fish or two.

My mom and her husband are on the way to town for a quick visit tonight.  It will be fun to see them before they head back to Texas.

So now, it's off to work I go.

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

2 comments:

  1. I really love this, the colors, design....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt reminds me of an Amish quilt but the fabrics are so rich. They almost look like velvet. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete