Monday, April 4, 2011

Almost Finished!

I love hand stitching the binding on a quilt.  It's a declaration that this project is almost finished.  It won't be another UFO.  There's a purpose in heart and mind for this one, so it is valuable enough to complete.

Only about a fourth of the way left on this string quilt.  I flipped the corner over where the label will reside.  Since I don't have an embroidery machine, I make labels using pigma markers.  My favorite method is to start with a square of fabric that isn't too dark or too busy for the writing.  I fold in half diagonally and press.  Then I stitch to the corner after I've sewn the binding onto the quit using less than a quarter inch seam.  Once the binding is finished, I write my message on the label and hand stitch the folded edge to the quilt back, making sure the threads don't show on the top side.



I hope to be ready to send this one off in the mail tomorrow.

What's next?  I think maybe a t-shirt quilt that my teen & I will make together.  I'm hoping it will be a fast and fun project.

Enjoy your day!
  - SeeingStars

1 comment: