Friday, April 8, 2011

Work In Progress #1


This top still needs a border or two before quilting.  Maybe a white inner and then a red or black one.  It's origins are from an online block swap.  Each participant made a set of oriental lanterns and sent them to a swap hostess.  She made a set of each and mailed them back to us.  I added a few more to get 20 blocks total for a 4 by 5 layout.  There's lots of white space (opportunity), so I need to decide upon an design to fill it up.

What do you think about dragonflies?  Are they attracted to lamplight?  I also like the idea of ginko leaves, but that may have to wait for another WIP quilt.  Whatever quilting happens, I'm hoping it will have an Asian flair to the quilting design. 

Works in progress usually cause quilters some guilt.  Especially when they've been in progress for a long time.  The definition of "A long time" varies with our feelings, doesn't it?  More than a week, a month, a year?  

Although I don't want to forget my WIP's, I don't mind them taking a back burner.  These are the projects which remind me that quilts made to comfort others or to share in their joy are more important. It's a choice of priorities.

So, every now and then, I'll share a guilt-less WIP with you.  It will help me not to forget and maybe even spur me on to the finish line.

Enjoy your day.
- SeeingStars

This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. 
Psalms 118:24

1 comment:

  1. That's a good strategy for your WIP's. I still feel guilty about all of the ones I have unfinished. It seems like there are so many. I need to work on letting the guilt go.

    ReplyDelete