Saturday, April 23, 2011

Foxgloves, Squirrels, T-shirts and Roses

First of all, I just have to share my excitement about springtime!  Yesterday was finally the day to plant the garden and a few flowers.  The veggie garden isn't photo worthy ... yet.  But one of my rosebuds opened over night.

These little flowers would make a great inspiration for a quilt.  I love the purply-pinks and bluey-greens together.  The darker circles containing lighter parts of the bloom really add interest.  I'm thinking paper-pieced stars would be terrific with these colors.

This is one I made for a swap a few years ago.  Not quite the same colors, but you can get the idea.


Here's one of 2 containers that were planted yesterday.  The dark purple salvia are shy in this photo.  I wondered last night if the squirrels would undo all my hard work.  Thankfully, they still look like this. Last year, they yanked out my new plants and tossed them off the porch so they could play in the dirt.  Bless their sweet hearts.


Old school shirts were split and arranged, then rearranged a few dozen times.  I think this is how my teen plans to have them line up.  We'll frame each with a design to emphasize the diagonals.  Since there was a duplicate t-shirt, we're using it as a test case to make sure we can sew through the stabilizer.  We looking forward to doing this project with a friend.  I think it will be fun to work together as we sew.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait! So excited!! :D
    (also looking forward to having something to do all summer long[or the rest of the year]) ;)
    and getting to hang out with you and kris. :))

    ReplyDelete