Sunday, October 30, 2011

Almost Still Life

Almost Still Life
I'm fighting some nasty cough and decided it was best to stay home this morning and drink hot tea.   That gave me a chance to sew on the binding for my little art quilt entitled, "Almost Still Life."

I purchased a used book, Art Quilt Workbook by Jane Davila & Elin Waterston.  When those used books are labelled as "good" condition, that may indicate that the previous owner scribbled in it.  Thankfully, that person only made it halfway through chapter two.  The rest of the book is clean.


binding detail
 I chose a decorative stitch that sort of looks like lizard footprints.  I like the footprints suggestion of motion in an otherwise still scene.


Detail of the bumpy gourd

It took several colors of thread, some solids, some variegated, to suggest the bumpy texture and mottled colors in this gourd.  I think I could have added three times as much thread, but decided not to flatten out the quilt here.


My current flavor of hot tea is Vanilla Madagascar.  No honey, just hot tea.  It soothes a sore throat just by being hot.

Enjoy your day!
- SeeingStars

3 comments:

  1. Great art quilt. really like your still life. I worked my way thru that book last year....it was great to try so many techniques. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt...hope you get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, very nice and interesting stitching. I really liked your Grinch quilt with the Grinch quilting as well.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete